Sunday, March 20, 2011

Endings, Beginnings

First post on the Vernal Equinox,
First Birthday on the same.

What a way to start a life, in the spring, where all other life is continually reborn.  As if it is one shared moment with the world, where for once, we are all in sync.

Shall I tell you a story?  It is one that affects me directly, and perhaps yourselves as well, but nevertheless it is an entertaining one.   Perhaps when we're done, telling and listening to this tale, perhaps I will read yours in reciprication.

There once was a soul unlike any other, which is to say, a soul, for they are all unique, all special to the point of bursting.  It was a day unlike any other, for each day has its own unique opportunities, sublime life in a tiny narrative.

In this day, he dreamt of a world, of a time, of a culture in which he saw the true nature of being.  He saw how every facet of life was nurtured and coaxed into being by all the myriad of things about it.  This phenomena, this miracle of inter-connectivity was so beyond him, that all he could describe this miraculous sensation as, was 'Blue'.


It wasn't so much the color as it was the sense behind it.  Perhaps it was the painkillers, perhaps it was the shock, but the answer was 'Blue'.  It was always 'Blue', so 'Blue' it must be.

It was on this day, the Vernal Equinox.
The First Post on the Vernal Equinox.
The First Birthday on the Vernal Equinox.
The day I realized I was going to die.

I leave this memoir to those who come after, as I intend on filling the blank pages of my life.
Until then,
Call me 'Nil'.